Jakarta – A giant technology company formed an alliance to demand transparency from the U.S. government related information monitoring program of the National Security Agency (NSA) called PRISM.
The alliance involves companies such as Apple, Google, Facebook, and Microsoft. In alliance was also a number of civic groups. In a letter that will be announced in a few hours, the alliance which amounts to 63 companies, investors, and non-profit organizations is asking for clearer rules about such things.
“Basic information about the way the government enforce laws related activities have been published during this investigation does not interfere with the investigation,” read one of the points in the letter obtained by AllThingsD on Wednesday, July 17, 2013.
The Alliance requested that they be allowed the right to announce the number of government requests for data on the users of their services. They also requested that the number of users, accounts, and information held gadget that can be announced.
Alliance also assess the amount of requests basic information about the content and the user, could be made public as part of their transparency.
At the same time, the alliance will also ask the government to announce a number of requests and the number of individuals whose data is requested from the technology companies.
This letter will be addressed to President Barack Obama and congressional leaders. Here are some names of firms and associations involved in this alliance:
Yahoo, AOL, Apple, Digg, Dropbox, Evoca, Facebook, Google, HeyZap, LinkedIn, Meetup, Microsoft, Mozilla, Reddit, salesforce.com, Tumblr, and Twitter.
Also there younow, Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, New Atlantic Ventures, The Electronic Frontier Foundation, Human Rights Watch, the American Civil Liberties Union, the Center for Democracy & Technology.
In addition, there are elements of the press and advocacy organizations such as Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press, Public Knowledge, the Computer & Communications Industry Association, Reporters Without Borders, and the Wikimedia Foundation.
- Multifunctional HP Officejet 150 Mobile
- Choose The Best Brand Using The Essay For Your Brand name
- Essay On Hard earned cash: Have You Been The Grasp Or Maybe The Servant Of Cash?
- Mozilla ponders blinkers for your browser
- Producing My Paper
- Discrimination Essay: Does One Honor Others
- The Patriotism Essay: Are You Currently The Actual Patriot?
- Discrimination Essay: Do You Really Regard People
- Google Open Streaming TV Service
- The Secrets Of Reducing Weight Rapid And It Is Negative effects
- The Right Way To Prepare food The Most Ideal Food items
- Just Cover An Essay Create The Existence Less difficult
- Essay On Browsing: Inspect The Amazing benefits
- We All Do Your Essay Using The Excellent Approval
- Easy Phrases to Utilize as Word Starters to Publish Better Essays
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- June 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- September 2013
- September 2012